Lucid Absinthe Superieure is the first authentic wormwood containing Absinthe to become legalized in the US ever since the ban in 1912 so many people are eager to know where to buy Lucid Absinthe.
Lucid was developed by distiller Ted Breaux as well as Viridian Spirits for the US Absinthe market. In contrast to other fake Absinthes, which are developed to be sold in the US, it has real grande wormwood where to purchase absinthe (Artemisia Absinthium) along with other standard Absinthe herbs. More details is found at drinklucid.com but here are several details of Lucid Absinthe Superieure:-
- It gets its green color from whole herbs instead of unnatural colors.
- It includes wormwood, sweet fennel, green anise and other classic Absinthe herbs.
- It was manufactured by Ted Breaux, a respected Absinthe distiller, who used his familiarity with traditional Absinthe making strategies to make this historically correct vintage style Absinthe which complies with US regulations.
- Lucid contains a full measure of grande wormwood just like pre ban Absinthes. It had been a myth that Absinthe included immeasureable thujone - tests on vintage bottles demonstrated that they will all pass US laws (10mg/kg or under of thujone).
- Lucid consists of 62% alcohol by volume.
- It is actually distilled in Saumur in France.
- Lucid has a very unique black bottle with green cat's eyes motivated by a Montmartre cabaret show "Le Chat Noir" from 1881.
Where to buy Lucid Absinthe
According to the Lucid website it could be bought over the United States so you should be able to buy it from your local liquor store. It is possible to look on the drinklucid website for stockists of Lucid by state, online stockists like Shoppers Vineyard and Crown Wine and Spirits, as well as for bars and restaurants that serve Lucid. The site also offers a web shop where you can order Lucid apparel.
Lucid isn't the only Absinthe to have been legalized in America - a brand called Green Moon and Absinthes from Kubler have been legalized.
Another great way of enjoying Absinthe in the USA should be to order Absinthe essences from AbsintheKit.com who offer free global shipping. There exists a handling fee for the first item but handling and shipping is free of charge for extra products ordered.
The essences from AbsintheKit.com are manufactured from an alcohol base which happens to be distilled with top-quality herbs like wormwood, aniseed and fennel. The essences are very economical, only $3.95 ($4.95 for the Strong 55) per 20ml essence that produces a 750ml bottle of Absinthe. Kits made up of 280ml of essence, a measure and bottle labels are also available costing $29 ($39 for Strong 55). These kits make 14 bottles of Absinthe therefore they make the perfect buy. Merely mix 20ml of essence along with 730ml of Everclear or vodka now you've got your own real Green Fairy, as Absinthe may be known.
Essences are a great option to searching for where to buy Lucid Absinthe and are generally fun to use too.